Welcome to Evans Park PTA
PROUD RECIPIENTS OF THE 2015 PARP AWARD FOR THE CENTRAL HUDSON REGION
All parents and teachers are urged to join the PTA to unite home, school, and the community for our children. Money raised through dues and fundraising is used for cultural arts assemblies, after-school programs, field trips, instructional equipment and materials, and similar needs. We are always very grateful to our parents, teachers, staff, and the community for their continued generosity and support.
PTA Meeting Minutes
Thursday, May 19, 2022
- Meeting called to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of 4/28/22 meeting minutes
- Yearbook orders are finished, an $1,800 check is coming back to us. Yearbooks should be in the last 2 weeks of school. A big thank you to Jess Moran, it was not easy with Covid to get a lot of pictures. Next year there will be a committee to come to school events to take pictures for the yearbook.
- K-2 Girl & Special Guy night was April 28th. This year the couples learned trendy short dances, each year can have a different theme, was a craft in the past. It is a casual event which makes the 3rd & 4th grade dance special. Thanks to Caitlin & Diana for running it.
- Plant Sale was May 5th & 6th. There were a lot of plants left over but they were used for the school planting.
- Thank you to Kevin Garrison for doing the plantings all around the school with the students. It really made the school look nice, especially for the spring concert! Jess Moran offered to chair this event next year.
- Field Day was a success on May 11th! The weather was perfect & the new set up worked well. Thank you to all the volunteers!
- The spring concert on May 17th also had perfect weather! The kids did great & everyone loved the songs.
- 3rd & 4th Grade Boy & Special Lady night at Boulders Stadium was May 17th. A good time was had by all! Thanks to Helen, Lauren & Gina for organizing. It was also a great fundraiser since over 100 tickets were sold, the Boulders donated $1,000 to the PTA.
- 4th Grade moving up lawn signs made $200, thanks to MaryJo.
- Ice Pop raffle winner is Ella Flaherty from Mrs. Coppola’s 3rd grade class.
- June raffle is upcoming.
- 2022-2024 PTA Board positions were voted on. The board will be:
President - Laura Brauer
Vice President of Committees - Alexis Flaherty
Co-Treasurers - Kim Smith & Gina Whalen
Corresponding Secretary - Lauren Manning Recording Secretary - Katie Smith
- Library Book Donation is ongoing.
- Meal Deal at BJ’s is June 2nd, you can also get takeout.
- Mom’s Night Out is Friday, June 3rd. A flyer & the cheddar up link for tickets is coming soon. Thanks to Keegan, Kaitlyn & Maureen for organizing.
- Display My Art can still be ordered, there is free shipping until Sunday. Thank You to Geralyn for running this.
- World Cultures Day is Friday, June 10th. An email went out to all the volunteers. Thank You to Patil & Joanna for organizing & running this huge event!
- The 4th Grade Promotion is Thursday, June 16th at 10:30am. Thanks to Sheila & Lauren for putting it together.
- There were 2 winners for the Evans Park PTA scholarship out of 5 or 6 submissions, maybe next year the application can be sent out earlier.
- DEI committee is working on a book list & has put up a bulletin board showcasing Pride & AAPI(Asian American & Pacific Islander) heritage month.
School Board Report:
- Prior meetings were May 3rd, May 17th(candidates night), & May 17th.
- The new middle school principal was announced.
- There has been an increase in 504 plans.
- All unions were present.
- Discussed getting the word out for the budget vote.
- Finished working on the new report cards.
- The staff enjoyed & appreciated Teacher Appreciation Week. It was really appreciated & brought everyone together. Thank You so much!
- Mrs. Pariot said thank you for Field day! It was her first field day here & seemed perfect! Couldn’t have asked for better weather, having it in the morning was great, not too hot. It was organized & fun! Thank you to the volunteers for running the stations & thank you to the P.E. Teachers!
- The BMX assembly was awesome! Mrs. Pariot said thanks to all for making that day so memorable for all the kids.
- Spring concert performances were inspiring & so cute! Everyone was smiling all day, kids felt like a million bucks in their nice outfits & they were very proud of themselves.
- That afternoon the Kindergarteners went on their field trip to a bowling alley.
- Next week the 4th Graders will take the performance task portion of the New York State science assessment. Kids like this test because they get to work with materials like scales & rolling golf balls. The written second part will take place on June 6th.
- There are Field trips coming up in the next few weeks for grades 1-4.
- The Pearl River Library will visit on June 13th to kickoff summer reading.
- Mrs. Pariot said they are looking forward to a kindergarten performance of Little Red Hen on June 9th.
- World Cultures Day is June 10th.
- 4th Grade Promotion is June 16th.
- 4th Grade End of the Year trip on June 17th.
- There is a ton to look forward to & a lot going on. Mrs. Pariot said Thank you for all you do to help support it all.
Dan said thank you to Mrs. Nixon, she is retiring & that was her last concert. She will be missed!
- PTA purchased flowers & a gift card for Mrs. Daly for National Nurses Week.
- Mrs. Nixon was presented 30 roses at the spring concert for the estimated number of years she has taught.
- K-2 Girls Night made $920.
- The PTA sponsored Teacher Appreciation Week. Staff was treated to bagels, lunch, gift baskets, lotto tickets, & pencil cases.
- 4th grade lawn signs made $195.
- Ice pop raffle made $804.
- Year book made $1,081.
- PTA will be making donations for an updated sound system & outdoor tables, games, & benches.
Last Meeting of the year is Wednesday June 15 at 9:30am.
2022-23 PTA Meetings
9/22 - 9:30 am
10/20 - 7:00 pm
11/17 - 9:30 am
12/8 - 7:00 pm
1/19 - 9:30 am
2/16 - 7:00 pm
3/16 - 9:30 am
4/20 - 9:30 am
5/18 - 9:30 am
6/8 - 9:30 am
PTA Membership - Register Now
Go to https://evans-park-pta-membership.cheddarup.com to register online.
Facebook: Evans Park PTA Information Group
Are You Receiving Evans Park PTA Emails?
If you have not been receiving Evans Park PTA email newsletters, please take the following steps:
1) Check your spam folder. If you find Evans Park PTA emails in your spam, please take the time to mark that it is NOT spam and move it to your inbox.
2) Please add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts.
3) Please send a brief reply to the newsletter. This will go to the email@example.com account and we will send you a brief email in return so that our email servers recognize that we are in communication.
5) You may also submit your email address on the "Newsletter Sign Up" section of this web page and follow the prompts from there.
Thanks for your patience as we continue to strive to make PTA communication as efficient and effective as possible.
2022-23 PTA Executive Board
Gina Whalen Gak2mc3@aol.com
Katie Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren Manning email@example.com