Welcome to Evans Park PTA
PROUD RECIPIENTS OF THE 2015 PARP AWARD FOR THE CENTRAL HUDSON REGION
All parents and teachers are urged to join the PTA to unite home, school, and the community for our children. Money raised through dues and fundraising is used for cultural arts assemblies, after-school programs, field trips, instructional equipment and materials, and similar needs. We are always very grateful to our parents, teachers, staff, and the community for their continued generosity and support.
You can support the Evans Park PTA while shopping on Amazon. Just go to smile.amazon.com and designate the "Evans Park Elementary School PTA" as your charitable cause. AmazonSmile donates 0.5% of eligible purchases to the PTA.
You can support the Evans Park PTA while shopping at Shutterfly too — just use this link when ordering! Coupons and promo codes can be used. Evans Park PTA has raised almost $600 to date.
2021-22 PTA Meetings
9/23 - 9:30a
10/21 - 7p
11/18 - 9:30a
12/9 - 7p
1/13 - 9:30a
2/17 - 7p
3/28 - 9:30a
4/28 - 9:30a
5/19 - 9:30a
6/15 - 9:30a
PTA Membership - register on-line
Go to https://evans-park-pta-membership.cheddarup.com to register online.
PTA Meeting Minutes
Thursday, April 28, 2022
- Meeting called to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of 3/28/22 meeting minutes
- 3rd & 4th Grade Boy & Special Lady night was 4/8/22 & it was a great event!
- Class colors apparel sale ended 4/13/22.
- Spring Celebrations were 4/14/22, it was great to have parents back in the classroom!
- Book Fair was a success! Caitlin needs a new co-chair next year, it’s an easy event, Scholastic helps set everything up, just needs a lot of volunteers.
School Budget Vote & Board of Education member vote is Tuesday, May 17th at Pirate Cove in the high school.
- Dr. Pochintesta & Mrs. Tromer gave a budget presentation. It can be seen on the district website & there is also a budget book available for a more in depth look.
- There will be a committee forming for the next Capital Bond Project if anyone is interested.
- Laura asked about enrollment, Dr. Pochintesta said it has decreased slightly but the district is not experiencing a rapid decline.
- Yearbook orders extended until April 29th. Thank You to Jessica for putting together the yearbook! Next year there will be a new committee for parents to come in & take pictures for the yearbook.
- There is an early dismissal & Parent Teacher conferences on April 29th.
- K-2 Girl & Special Guy night is April 29th.
- Display My Art should have come home with the children yesterday, another email will go out with directions. Thanks to Geralyn for running this!
- Library Book donation is ongoing.
- Plant sale is Thursday, May 5th & Friday, May 6th. All plants are $5.00
- Apparel Sale ends May 6th.
- Field Day is May 11th. There is a new schedule to give the kids more time at each station. The stations will be more age appropriate for the younger grades. A schedule will be sent out for volunteers. The PTA will provide watermelon & ice pops.
- Spring Concert is Tuesday, May 17th at 9:30 am on the back blacktop.
- 3rd & 4th grade Boy & Special Lady night is Tuesday, May 17th at Boulder Stadium. The Boulders will give back $1,000 to the PTA.
- Evans Park PTA Board nominations are Laura Brauer for President, Alexis Flaherty VP of Committees, Kim Smith & Gina Whalen as co- treasurers, Lauren Manning for Corresponding Secretary & Katie Smith as Recording Secretary.
- 4th Grade moving up lawn signs orders are due by May 13th.
- World Cultures Day is June 10th. More volunteers are needed!
- 4th Grade Promotion gifts have been ordered. Ceremony is on June 16th in the morning. There is a meeting at the middle school on May 4th for 4th grade parents.
- There are no applicants for the Scholarship yet.
- Mom’s Night Out is Friday, June 3rd.
School Board Meeting Report:
- Prior meetings on April 12th & April 26th discussed budget & Pearl River High School rated #1 in Rockland County.
- Next meetings are May 3rd & 17th. May 10th is candidates night.
- Last meeting was April 7th
- Next meeting is May 5th
- Mrs. Patriot said everyone enjoyed the spring celebrations! Thank You to all the parents.
- On April 11th the middle school counselors visited with the 4th graders. On May 4th the middle school will host the parents & on May 5th the 4th graders will visit for their orientation.
- Right now the 3rd & 4th graders are taking the NYS Math Assessment.
- Tomorrow is the 2nd Grade Theater Performance, they will be performing Aesop’s Fables. Mrs. Pariot said this is a building that loves to perform & they are so excited!
- Everyone is looking forward to the plant sale. Mr. Garrison has offered to lead students in grades 1-4 with spring plantings. That will look nice for the spring concert. He will do something separate in the classrooms for Kindergarteners.
- May 11th is our Field Day, rain date is May 25th.
- Our Spring Concert is May 17th, all grades will perform. Rain date is May 20th.
- Lots of field trips are coming up.
- 4th Grade End of the Year Trip on June 17th is still in the works, thanks to the PTA for helping keep the cost down.
- Last 2 meetings involved approving new textbooks for the middle & high school.
- Hiring 2 new guidance counselors, one for the high school & one for elementary. Discussed what school counselors/ guidance counselors need to do for the students.
- Joe & Joe’s Meal Deal made $125
- O’Grady’s made $80
- Book Fair $1,600
- K-2 Girl Special Guy has 48 couples signed up for $20.00. Dance Central isn’t charging us.
- Paid for 4th Grade gifts & Assemblies.
Next Meeting is Thursday, May 19th at 9:30am
Facebook: Evans Park PTA Information Group
Are You Receiving Evans Park PTA Emails?
If you have not been receiving Evans Park PTA email newsletters, please take the following steps:
1) Check your spam folder. If you find Evans Park PTA emails in your spam, please take the time to mark that it is NOT spam and move it to your inbox.
2) Please add the email address email@example.com to your contacts.
3) Please send a brief reply to the newsletter. This will go to the firstname.lastname@example.org account and we will send you a brief email in return so that our email servers recognize that we are in communication.
5) You may also submit your email address on the "Newsletter Sign Up" section of this web page and follow the prompts from there.
Thanks for your patience as we continue to strive to make PTA communication as efficient and effective as possible.
2021-22 PTA Executive Board
Dan Robins email@example.com
Co-VPs of Committees Alexis Flaherty firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheila Cory email@example.com
Kimberly Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Smith email@example.com
Lauren Manning firstname.lastname@example.org