Welcome to Evans Park PTA
PROUD RECIPIENTS OF THE 2015 PARP AWARD FOR THE CENTRAL HUDSON REGION
All parents and teachers are urged to join the PTA to unite home, school, and the community for our children. Money raised through dues and fundraising is used for cultural arts assemblies, after-school programs, field trips, instructional equipment and materials, and similar needs. We are always very grateful to our parents, teachers, staff, and the community for their continued generosity and support.
2020-21 Tiger Tee Days
Tiger Tee Tuesdays 2020-2021
Tiger Tee Thursdays 2020-2021
Upcoming EP PTA Events
EP PTA MeetingEvans Park Elementary School
EP Grade 4 Promotion CeremonyEvans Park Elementary School
You can support the Evans Park PTA while shopping on Amazon. Just go to smile.amazon.com and designate the "Evans Park Elementary School PTA" as your charitable cause. AmazonSmile donates 0.5% of eligible purchases to the PTA.
- You can support the Evans Park PTA while shopping at Shutterfly too — just use this link when ordering! Coupons and promo codes can be used. Evans Park PTA has raised almost $600 to date.
Evans Park Car Magnets ($5) - https://evans-park-car-magnet.cheddarup.com
2020-21 PTA Meetings
Thursday, Sept. 24 - 7:00pm
Thursday, Oct. 22 - 7:00pm
Thursday, Dec. 3 - 7:00pm
Thursday, Jan. 7 - 7:00pm
Thursday, Feb. 11 - 7:00pm https://meet.google.com/uee-
Thursday, March 11 - 7:00pm
Thursday, April 15 - 9:30am
Thursday, May 13 - 9:30am
Thursday, June 10 - 9:30am
PTA Membership - register on-line
Go to https://evans-park-pta-membership.cheddarup.com to register online.
PTA Meeting Minutes
January 7, 2021 7:00pm
- Meeting called to order
- Approval of meeting minutes from December 3, 2020 by Sheila Cory and Kimberly Smith
- Holiday Scavenger Hunt was nice for the children to do since we couldn't hold the Holiday Boutique. Thanks to Alexis Flaherty and Sheila Cory for organizing. All signs that were purchased were sold. The winners of the scavenger hunt were Michael Maher(KB), Chloe Hynes(2B), and Olyvia Schneider(4SR). Also, Thank You to Mr. and Mrs. Price for recording the read-a-loud of The Gingerbread Baby.
- Teacher’s Holiday gifts were done via Cheddar Up. Many commented it was very convenient.
- Meal Deals: $60 made from Russo’s Pizza. Next meal deal is Joe & Joe’s on January 26th.
- PARP(Pick a Reading Partner) starts January 22nd. Theme will be announced soon. Thanks to Mr. Price, he is so talented & comes up with great ideas for PARP.
- PARP includes “One School One Book” and Guest Readers, which this year can be virtual or recorded and sent to teachers.
- Mr. Price working on virtual at home craft kit.
- Book Fair is virtual this year January 25-January 29th. It is a full week this year because it is fully virtual.
- Upcoming Meal Deals: Joe & Joe’s January 26th, Luigi O’Grady’s week of March 8th. Possibly Gentle Giant will do a meal deal. ● Handbag Raffle: Mrs. Lynch suggested a great idea. In lieu of handbag bingo, one Louis Vuitton bag will be raffled off! Details will follow.
- MaryJo Callanan is organizing a Valentine’s Day cookie decorating kit.
- Looking into a company that can hold a Virtual Bingo Night.
- Mrs. Lynch has visited most google meet classes, the children have never let on that it is a different type of class these past few weeks being all virtual.
- The teachers are impressed with the kid’s continuation of learning even being all virtual.
- All are looking forward to having the children come back. ● When K-2 go fully remote, they go to a different class. ● There is more gym space available now, can be used for more
reading space or PE especially since it is colder out now. ● Covid testing due to Pearl River being in a yellow zone is ongoing. A random list was selected consisting of 5-6 teachers, 50-60 students and 6-7 staff members.
- Sheila Cory asked if one child is selected, does that mean all children in the family in the same school need to be tested? No, just the child selected needs to be tested.
- Alexis Flaherty asked if you can refuse testing, Mrs. Lynch said you can but if the school does not reach 20% getting tested the school closes.
- School Pictures made a little under $1,200 which was less than last year.
- Gingerbread Baby signs made $180
- TD Gift Cards were purchased for Holiday Teacher’s Gifts this year. Families contributed via Cheddar Up which was user friendly and there is a minimal fee.
School Board and PAC:
- Next School Board Meeting is January 26th.
- NYS rolled back quarantine rules, switched from 14 to 10 days since exposure.
- Winter sports: track and bowling is a go.
- STEM upcoming, teachers preparing activities as well as CODE dance party.
- Kindergarten Registration is coming soon but Screening has been pushed back as it is important to do in person.
- 6th Graders will have access to grades on the parent portal.
- Looking for a Virtual Bingo date
Next Meeting is Thursday, February 11, 2021 7pm.
Are You Receiving Evans Park PTA Emails?
If you have not been receiving Evans Park PTA email newsletters, please take the following steps:
1) Check your spam folder. If you find Evans Park PTA emails in your spam, please take the time to mark that it is NOT spam and move it to your inbox.
2) Please add the email address email@example.com to your contacts.
3) Please send a brief reply to the newsletter. This will go to the firstname.lastname@example.org account and we will send you a brief email in return so that our email servers recognize that we are in communication.
5) You may also submit your email address on the "Newsletter Sign Up" section of this web page and follow the prompts from there.
Thanks for your patience as we continue to strive to make PTA communication as efficient and effective as possible.
2020-21 PTA Executive Board
Dan Robins email@example.com
Co-VPs of Committees - Alexis Flaherty firstname.lastname@example.org
VP of After School Activities - Katie Basler email@example.com
Kimberly Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Corresponding & Recording Secretary